- Omnis UK Equity Fund
- Omnis US Equity Fund
- Omnis Developed Markets (ex US, ex UK) Equity Fund
- Omnis UK Bond Fund
- Omnis Global Bond Fund
- Omnis Alternative Strategies Fund
- Omnis Emerging Markets Equity Fund
- Omnis Income & Growth Fund
- Omnis European Equity Fund
- Omnis Asia Pacific Equity Fund
- Omnis Strategic Bond Fund
- Omnis UK Equity Income Fund
- Omnis Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) Equity Fund
- Omnis Japanese Equity Fund
- Omnis Sterling Corporate Bond Fund
- Omnis UK All Companies Fund
- Omnis UK Gilt Fund
- Omnis UK Smaller Companies Fund
Omnis Sterling Corporate Bond Fund
Key fund facts
- High-quality research- an experienced team employs a proprietary research process to develop a deep understanding of the market environment and each issuer.
- Collaborative approach- By fostering a collaborative culture, the investment team’s best ideas emerge.
- Robust risk management- the manager seeks to reduce portfolio volatility through a combination of qualitative and quantitative risk management.
The Fund aims to achieve a return consisting of both income and capital growth which, after all fees and expenses, exceeds that of the ICE Bank of America Merrill Lynch Sterling Corporate Bond TR Index over the medium to long term (defined as 5 to 10 years).
The Fund intends to invest at least 80% in sterling denominated and sterling hedged corporate bond securities, rated BBB or higher.
The Fund may also invest in other transferable securities, units in collective investment schemes (including schemes managed and operated by the ACD or its associates), money market instruments, warrants, cash and near cash deposits as detailed in the Prospectus.
Derivatives may be used both for investment purposes and for efficient portfolio management.
Investment process overview
The fund manager seeks to exploit credit opportunities in the investment grade corporate bond market and achieve risk-adjusted returns based on solid fundamental insights.
The fund employs a bottom-up approach to researching investment grade credit, bonds issued by companies considered to have a low risk of default. It identifies opportunities by using a proprietary process which develops a deep understanding of the issuer and its sector dynamics. A highly experienced staff of research professionals thoroughly examines various aspects of each company, including its accounts, capital structure and management track record. The investment universe consists of around 300 of the biggest issuers.
The fund encourages a collaborative approach to idea generation, where portfolio managers and credit analysts work together on investment decision-making and portfolio construction.
The fund’s risk management strategy focuses on the probability of default. It seeks to manage risk by relying on industry-standard measures and in-house tools and building a well-diversified portfolio.